Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 25 May 2020 Royalty rates for construction and industrial minerals fixed for five years
- 21 May 2020 Exploration applications show strong interest in Western Australia
- 21 May 2020 DMIRS transitioning to a new geodetic datum
- 13 May 2020 Contractor fined $11,000 over telehandler incident
- 11 May 2020 Guidance for petroleum title holders affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
- 07 May 2020 New procedures to support mining industry during COVID-19
- 01 May 2020 WA research streamlining the study of Earth’s earliest life forms
- 20 April 2020 Extension for Awards nominations
- 09 April 2020 Lithium royalty amendments now in place
- 07 April 2020 Tenement holders can apply for COVID-19 expenditure exemptions
- 06 April 2020 Suspension on issuing Miner's Rights and Section 40E Permits
- 02 April 2020 DMIRS regional office counter service changes
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.