Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 20 October 2016 WA mineral exploration applications continue to increase
- 20 October 2016 Evolution Mining fined $95,000 after worker injured at Goldfield mine
- 19 October 2016 Last chance to get your tickets for the 2016 Awards for Excellence
- 19 October 2016 Is your site ready for the cyclone season?
- 18 October 2016 New app will reveal the geological treasures of Rottnest
- 17 October 2016 An environmental planning guideline has been revised following DMP stakeholder engagement
- 11 October 2016 Finalists chosen for new Community Partnership Award
- 11 October 2016 Airborne gravity survey to help understanding of Kimberley geology
- 10 October 2016 Geological mapping experts to showcase latest techniques
- 07 October 2016 Who should be enforcing corporate social responsibility?
- 05 October 2016 Three weeks to go to 2016 Awards for Excellence
- 05 October 2016 WA revealed as destination of choice for mining investment
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
DMP ensures the safe and sustainable development of WA's resources.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator. Consultation ensures concerns are listened to, understood and where possible or necessary, addressed to ensure responsible and sustainable development of the State’s resources.