Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 13 April 2021 Resource sector’s rehabilitation plans showcased in new book
- 01 April 2021 Resources jobs and sales continue to break records in WA
- 01 April 2021 GSWA renames stratigraphic well and tectonic element of the Canning Basin
- 01 April 2021 WA scientists shed light on continent formation
- 31 March 2021 How to avoid the common Mining Proposal pitfalls
- 31 March 2021 DMIRS enhances native vegetation clearing permit application process
- 30 March 2021 WA’s newest nickel sulphide mine officially opens
- 24 March 2021 Steady approvals performance continues to support resource sector
- 19 March 2021 GSWA releases new data strategy
- 16 March 2021 Company fined after worker seriously injured while repairing conveyor
- 15 March 2021 Gold miner fined after workers injured driving underground
- 11 March 2021 Agreement streamlines regulatory approvals process
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.