Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 03 July 2020 McGowan Government continues to support resources sector during COVID-19
- 03 July 2020 $7 million boost to Kalgoorlie drill core library
- 01 July 2020 Spatial datasets available in new GDA2020 datum
- 24 June 2020 Have your say on aggression and violence in the workplace
- 19 June 2020 RER Group eNews now available online
- 18 June 2020 Western Australian scientists deliver new mineral exploration insights
- 18 June 2020 Coal miner fined after worker fatally injured
- 04 June 2020 High level of approval performance continues
- 02 June 2020 DMIRS publishes new consolidated Environmental Applications Procedure
- 25 May 2020 Royalty rates for construction and industrial minerals fixed for five years
- 21 May 2020 Exploration applications show strong interest in Western Australia
- 21 May 2020 DMIRS transitioning to a new geodetic datum
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.