Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 23 November 2017 Awards for Excellence wrap-up
- 21 November 2017 Safety videos focus on traffic management
- 16 November 2017 DMIRS calls for comment on environmental non-compliance and incidents reporting guidance note
- 16 November 2017 DMIRS celebrates GIS Day
- 15 November 2017 Annual Report goes interactive
- 14 November 2017 Research to pick up good vibrations
- 14 November 2017 New Petroleum Decommissioning Guideline
- 10 November 2017 New innovative Digital Core Atlas
- 10 November 2017 Mining Rehabilitation Fund Yearly Report now available
- 10 November 2017 Summer safety tips for dangerous goods
- 09 November 2017 The dangers of working in high heat environments
- 09 November 2017 High-levels of mineral exploration applications continue
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.