Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 19 January 2018 DMIRS guidance on Risk Assessment and Environmental Outcomes now available
- 19 January 2018 Mineral applications steady during December 2017 quarter
- 16 January 2018 Towards 2020 progress report released
- 12 January 2018 Resources Safety Matters magazine available now
- 12 January 2018 Critical Risks safety focus for 2018
- 10 January 2018 Consultation period extended for revised form
- 09 January 2018 Cyclone warning for North West
- 02 January 2018 Tanami geological data available on GeoView
- 22 December 2017 Hazardous manual tasks the latest safety snapshot
- 22 December 2017 Leave festive fireworks to the professionals
- 21 December 2017 Prospect magazine now available
- 18 December 2017 Standing room only at GSWA Goldfields open day
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.