Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 15 December 2017 Minerals and petroleum sales back above $100 billion mark
- 15 December 2017 Environment eNewsletter available online
- 15 December 2017 Innovations improving environmental outcomes in the resources sector
- 14 December 2017 Latest edition of GSWA’s eNewsletter now online
- 14 December 2017 Honour for DMIRS team in international competition
- 13 December 2017 Thousands connecting online with DMIRS resources industry eNewsletters
- 13 December 2017 New app details dangerous goods safety info
- 13 December 2017 DMIRS wins gold safety award
- 08 December 2017 Legislative fracking ban achieved in South-West, Peel and Perth
- 07 December 2017 Unauthorised access of mine sites can lead to tragedy
- 06 December 2017 Sharing award winning safety and health innovations
- 05 December 2017 Round 16 successful projects revealed
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.