Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 26 July 2017 Know how to handle dangerous goods to stay farm safe
- 26 July 2017 Workshop to promote abandoned mine site rehabilitation
- 25 July 2017 Prospect magazine now available
- 25 July 2017 Eucla basement findings shared at international geoscience conference
- 24 July 2017 New safety data to help drive decisions
- 19 July 2017 Phillip Elliott Playford: a life of geology, exploration and history
- 19 July 2017 DMIRS begins drone trial
- 17 July 2017 Notification of appointments moving online
- 13 July 2017 New Work Health and Safety Bill to protect workers
- 13 July 2017 Petroleum 2020 - the future of petroleum in Western Australia
- 12 July 2017 DMIRS partners with The Western Australian Biodiversity Science Institute
- 12 July 2017 CSIRO Perth Basin baseline study reinforces regulatory regime
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.