Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 05 December 2019 Office hours – December and January
- 03 December 2019 The dangers of working in high-heat environments
- 26 November 2019 Decommissioning, rehabilitation and closure of petroleum activities
- 22 November 2019 Have your say on Statutory Guidelines for mining proposal and mine closure plans
- 12 November 2019 Exploration increase a strong indicator for WA resources sector
- 31 October 2019 Mining Rehabilitation Fund report for 2018-19 financial year released today
- 23 October 2019 Prospect magazine now available
- 16 October 2019 Reminder measles requires prompt medical attention
- 16 October 2019 Extraordinary release of grandfather reports under the Sunset Clause
- 14 October 2019 Further resource potential of the Pilbara marked through new stratigraphic well
- 11 October 2019 WA’s resources sector breaks records in 2018-19
- 11 October 2019 Lithium royalty amendments to encourage downstream processing
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.