Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 17 September 2019 Public comments open for draft procedures for environmental applications and mining securities policy and procedure
- 17 September 2019 Focus on State’s north at WA Petroleum Day
- 16 September 2019 Regional Services Review
- 10 September 2019 Drilling begins on Waukarlycarly well project
- 06 September 2019 Hydraulic fracturing remains banned on 98 per cent of WA
- 26 August 2019 New version of GeoVIEW.WA coming soon
- 23 August 2019 MINEDEX update coming soon
- 23 August 2019 Applications open for Round 20 of EIS co-funded drilling
- 23 August 2019 Awards recognise excellence and innovation in resources sector
- 22 August 2019 RER eNewsletter now available online
- 20 August 2019 Streamline WA: Mining environmental approvals reform underway
- 20 August 2019 New standards support successful mine closure
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.