Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 25 May 2018 Non-Compliance and Incidents Reporting Guideline now online
- 21 May 2018 DMIRS shares relinquishment paper update at GEMG
- 18 May 2018 Exploration the focus for safety snapshot
- 11 May 2018 DMIRS encourages early MRF report submissions
- 11 May 2018 DMIRS expects bumper prospecting season
- 10 May 2018 WA resources sector gets exploration boost
- 09 May 2018 DMIRS guidance note available for stakeholder comment
- 07 May 2018 A new approach to resource sector approval performance reporting
- 03 May 2018 Airborne gravity survey to help understanding of Kimberley geology
- 01 May 2018 Prospect magazine now available
- 19 April 2018 New code for close proximity fireworks
- 18 April 2018 Inspectors sharing safety knowledge
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.