Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 14 August 2018 Modernising Work Health and Safety laws in WA - public comment closing soon
- 13 August 2018 Safety innovations contending for award
- 07 August 2018 Agricultural shows provide an opportunity to hear about dangerous goods safety
- 03 August 2018 Spotlight on petroleum in WA
- 27 July 2018 Five projects vying for prestigious Golden Gecko
- 20 July 2018 Feedback reminder
- 19 July 2018 Prospect magazine now available
- 19 July 2018 DMIRS updates FAQs for 2016 Mining Proposal Guidelines
- 19 July 2018 Carbon capture spotlight shines on Perth
- 18 July 2018 DMIRS adopts penalties for late royalty payments
- 13 July 2018 High honours for Community Partnership Award judge
- 13 July 2018 Feedback sought for royalty related changes to Mining Regulations 1981
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.