Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 19 April 2018 New code for close proximity fireworks
- 18 April 2018 Inspectors sharing safety knowledge
- 17 April 2018 New form for small mining operations now ready to use
- 12 April 2018 Resources Sector Awards closing soon
- 10 April 2018 Have your say on draft guidelines for Mineral Exploration
- 10 April 2018 DMIRS ensures authorised access only to Ellendale ahead of EOI process
- 10 April 2018 Transport company fined $14,000 for dangerous goods offences
- 03 April 2018 Have your say on draft code targeting FIFO mental health
- 03 April 2018 Snapshot looks at structural integrity on mine sites
- 15 March 2018 DMIRS presents at workshop in Kazakhstan
- 09 March 2018 DMIRS attends the North American Prospector’s Expo (NAPE) in Houston
- 02 March 2018 GSWA Open Day 2018 promotes world-class geoscience
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.