Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 21 February 2020 Applications open for Round 21 of EIS co-funded drilling
- 14 February 2020 Seeking nominations of excellence from the resources sector
- 11 February 2020 Search is on for innovation and excellence in the resources sector
- 11 February 2020 Release of new statutory guidelines for mining proposals and mine closure plans
- 29 January 2020 Register Interest now for Mineral and Petroleum Resource Leadership Roles in 2020
- 22 January 2020 Release of 'grandfather' mineral exploration reports
- 16 January 2020 Reminder to review plans for cyclone season
- 14 January 2020 Industry consultation open for new annual assessment reporting templates
- 23 December 2019 DMIRS responds to public feedback on new Statutory Guidelines
- 19 December 2019 Consultation opens on proposed stakeholder engagement guideline for hydraulic fracturing
- 19 December 2019 New lease of life for former Ellendale diamond mine
- 18 December 2019 RER Group eNews now available online
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.