Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 16 July 2019 New Guidelines for Mineral Exploration Reports gazetted
- 12 July 2019 New hydraulic fracturing approach aims for balance
- 09 July 2019 Awards night to celebrate excellence in the resources sector
- 01 July 2019 Mining Act fees and charges
- 26 June 2019 Strong partnerships across Western Australia
- 19 June 2019 Prospect magazine now available
- 07 June 2019 Resources projects hoping to win gold
- 24 May 2019 DMIRS launches Seven Golden Rules for prospecting
- 22 May 2019 New look for approvals reporting
- 22 May 2019 Battery materials stand out in co-funded drilling projects
- 06 May 2019 GSWA embarks on a new airborne gravity survey in the Pilbara
- 26 April 2019 World Day for Safety and Health at Work
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.