Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 21 June 2018 MRF reporting reminder for tenement holders
- 20 June 2018 Resources Sector Awards for Excellence nominations closed
- 19 June 2018 Feedback sought for royalty related changes to Mining Regulations 1981
- 05 June 2018 Collaborative project delivers ground-breaking initiative
- 31 May 2018 GSWA eNewsletter now available
- 29 May 2018 Exploration site workshop incident
- 29 May 2018 Exploration Incentive Scheme drives new exploration
- 25 May 2018 Non-Compliance and Incidents Reporting Guideline now online
- 21 May 2018 DMIRS shares relinquishment paper update at GEMG
- 18 May 2018 Exploration the focus for safety snapshot
- 11 May 2018 DMIRS encourages early MRF report submissions
- 11 May 2018 DMIRS expects bumper prospecting season
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.