Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 14 October 2019 Further resource potential of the Pilbara marked through new stratigraphic well
- 11 October 2019 Lithium royalty amendments to encourage downstream processing
- 11 October 2019 WA’s resources sector breaks records in 2018-19
- 10 October 2019 New ground control code of practice and guideline reinforce mine safety
- 10 October 2019 RER eNewsletter now available online
- 10 October 2019 Department to establish new office in Collie
- 09 October 2019 Reporting minerals of economic interest
- 09 October 2019 New guidelines for minerals dissolved in brine
- 02 October 2019 Mines safety message drives across WA
- 02 October 2019 Work Health and Safety Excellence Awards winners announced
- 01 October 2019 Information Sessions – Draft Statutory Guidelines for Mining Proposals and Mine Closure Plans
- 27 September 2019 BHP fined $50,000 after failure to close damaged road
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.