Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 15 January 2019 Draft ground control guidance developed by department open for comment
- 09 January 2019 Mining Rehabilitation Fund Advisory Panel Expressions of Interest
- 21 December 2018 Rare mineral find in WA sparks new interest in 30-year puzzle
- 20 December 2018 GSWA scientist wins prestigious international award
- 20 December 2018 Stay safe when transporting dangerous goods
- 20 December 2018 Stay safe this festive season
- 19 December 2018 Leave festive fireworks to the professionals
- 19 December 2018 The dangers of mine site access for recreational use
- 18 December 2018 RER eNewsletter available online
- 05 December 2018 Exploration Incentive Scheme stimulates rise in exploration
- 28 November 2018 Government introduces strict new controls for hydraulic fracturing
- 22 November 2018 MRF Post Implementation Review complete
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.