Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 22 August 2019 RER eNewsletter now available online
- 20 August 2019 Streamline WA: Mining environmental approvals reform underway
- 20 August 2019 New standards support successful mine closure
- 14 August 2019 Seismic study in southern WA to enhance earthquake knowledge
- 12 August 2019 Joint venture to boost mining investment in Western Australia
- 29 July 2019 Diesel emissions research now available
- 26 July 2019 Free information session on diesel particulate research
- 22 July 2019 National line-up for WA Petroleum Day
- 16 July 2019 New Guidelines for Mineral Exploration Reports gazetted
- 12 July 2019 New hydraulic fracturing approach aims for balance
- 09 July 2019 Awards night to celebrate excellence in the resources sector
- 01 July 2019 Mining Act fees and charges
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.