Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 07 June 2019 Resources projects hoping to win gold
- 24 May 2019 DMIRS launches Seven Golden Rules for prospecting
- 22 May 2019 Battery materials stand out in co-funded drilling projects
- 22 May 2019 New look for approvals reporting
- 06 May 2019 GSWA embarks on a new airborne gravity survey in the Pilbara
- 26 April 2019 World Day for Safety and Health at Work
- 23 April 2019 ThinkSafe magazine continues to raise awareness
- 18 April 2019 New State Explosives Facility in Myalup officially opens
- 15 April 2019 GSWA releases latest airborne gravity data
- 15 April 2019 Resources Sector Awards closing soon
- 08 April 2019 Drone guidelines give DMIRS a lift
- 02 April 2019 A new Kimberley resources snapshot
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.