Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 04 January 2021 New energy program supports resource exploration
- 23 December 2020 Renewable energy to power Yamarna camp and Gruyere gold mine
- 23 December 2020 Expansion of Kalgoorlie core library boosts local workforce
- 21 December 2020 Expenditure exemption guidelines updated for greater clarity
- 18 December 2020 DMIRS targets exploration rehabilitation obligations
- 16 December 2020 DMIRS calls for comment on excess tonnage guidelines
- 16 December 2020 Revised policy and procedures for mining securities released with industry support
- 15 December 2020 New rules to fast-track construction at WA mine sites
- 15 December 2020 Minister Johnston launches DMIRS’ Statistics Digest
- 04 December 2020 MRF Yearly Report now available
- 04 December 2020 Community partnerships delivering fundamental services
- 04 December 2020 New diesel workplace exposure standard starts today
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.