Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 27 October 2020 Workplace exposure standards for silica and coal dust halved
- 15 October 2020 Response to feedback about stakeholder engagement for hydraulic fracturing
- 09 October 2020 Paper released on human health risk assessment process for hydraulic fracturing proposals
- 25 September 2020 Record jobs and sales in WA’s resources sector
- 21 September 2020 Online lodgement of survey documents & survey data
- 21 September 2020 Safe Work Month opens in October
- 17 September 2020 RER Group eNews now available online
- 17 September 2020 WA mineral exploration activity records five-year high
- 16 September 2020 Review period closing soon
- 16 September 2020 Paper released on financial assurance for hydraulic fracturing
- 10 September 2020 Approvals performance remains strong
- 01 September 2020 Department launches revised Guidelines for Petroleum AERs
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.