Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 26 February 2021 Sunset Clause Annual Release 2021
- 15 February 2021 DMIRS calls for comment on mine closure completion guideline
- 02 February 2021 Contacting DMIRS during lockdown
- 01 February 2021 Search is on for innovation and excellence in the resources sector
- 01 February 2021 Applications open for Round 23 of EIS co-funded drilling
- 28 January 2021 Company fined after worker falls to his death
- 20 January 2021 Excess tonnage consultation period closing soon
- 04 January 2021 New energy program supports resource exploration
- 23 December 2020 Expansion of Kalgoorlie core library boosts local workforce
- 23 December 2020 Renewable energy to power Yamarna camp and Gruyere gold mine
- 21 December 2020 Expenditure exemption guidelines updated for greater clarity
- 18 December 2020 DMIRS targets exploration rehabilitation obligations
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.