Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 12 October 2018 Last chance to buy tickets for the Awards for Excellence Ceremony
- 12 October 2018 DMIRS helps Meckering community commemorate 50th anniversary of earthquake
- 10 October 2018 Murrin Murrin Operations fined $55,000
- 09 October 2018 New environmental guideline now available online
- 04 October 2018 WA Petroleum Day marks milestone in Commonwealth regulatory input
- 28 September 2018 Collaboration the focus of China trip
- 27 September 2018 Latest resource statistics now available
- 20 September 2018 Perth Core Library notches up 1000 drill hole scans
- 17 September 2018 Comment period for updated FIFO code closes soon
- 13 September 2018 Mines Safety Roadshows start next month
- 03 September 2018 WA Petroleum Day tickets selling fast
- 29 August 2018 DMIRS welcomes industry feedback on Regulation 86
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.