Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 17 September 2020 WA mineral exploration activity records five-year high
- 17 September 2020 RER Group eNews now available online
- 16 September 2020 Review period closing soon
- 16 September 2020 Paper released on financial assurance for hydraulic fracturing
- 10 September 2020 Approvals performance remains strong
- 01 September 2020 Department launches revised Guidelines for Petroleum AERs
- 31 August 2020 Call for Expressions of Interest to extract basic raw materials
- 21 August 2020 Applications open for Round 22 of EIS co-funded drilling
- 19 August 2020 Agents can represent parties before the Warden at initial hearings without leave
- 13 August 2020 Company fined over bee sting death
- 12 August 2020 DMIRS hits target in halving timeframe for exploration applications
- 04 August 2020 $8.2 million in COVID-19 recovery funding for resources exploration
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.