Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 19 October 2017 Petroleum exploration permit granted to Bunbury Energy
- 19 October 2017 Last chance to buy tickets for the Awards for Excellence Ceremony
- 16 October 2017 Round 16 applications closing soon
- 11 October 2017 Community Partnership Award finalists sharing knowledge with industry
- 10 October 2017 Rail safety focus for Forum
- 06 October 2017 GSWA eNewsletter now available
- 05 October 2017 FQM Australia Nickel Pty Ltd fined $65,000 for arc flash incident
- 28 September 2017 PoW spatial systems training dates added
- 28 September 2017 Finalists for the 2017 Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards
- 28 September 2017 Mining workshops provide regulatory insight at ADU2017
- 27 September 2017 Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety launches TENGRAPH Web
- 27 September 2017 Geology presentations popular at Astro Rocks Fest
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.