Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 21 September 2017 Annual Petroleum Open Day explores energy security role of WA's oil and gas
- 20 September 2017 Environment eNewsletter now available
- 19 September 2017 Temporary Closure of Marble Bar Office
- 15 September 2017 Round 16 launch of exploration drilling program
- 15 September 2017 GSWA eNewsletter now available
- 14 September 2017 DMIRS’ calls for feedback on Mining Proposal related guidance notes
- 14 September 2017 Department of Mines and Petroleum Annual Report released
- 13 September 2017 Call for industry comment on new approvals form
- 13 September 2017 Community partnerships in the spotlight for prestigious awards
- 12 September 2017 Flora, fauna and technology vying for the coveted Golden Gecko Award
- 12 September 2017 Latest edition of Petroleum in Western Australia
- 08 September 2017 Resources Safety Matters magazine out now
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.