Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 20 September 2018 Perth Core Library notches up 1000 drill hole scans
- 17 September 2018 Comment period for updated FIFO code closes soon
- 13 September 2018 Mines Safety Roadshows start next month
- 03 September 2018 WA Petroleum Day tickets selling fast
- 29 August 2018 DMIRS welcomes industry feedback on Regulation 86
- 27 August 2018 DMIRS seeks expressions of interest in Ellendale diamond mine
- 27 August 2018 Celebrating excellence in the resources sector
- 24 August 2018 Mineral Exploration reporting guideline amendments
- 24 August 2018 Round 18 of Exploration Incentive Scheme Co-funded Drilling Program now open
- 23 August 2018 Updated FIFO code open for comment
- 17 August 2018 Mine site leaders come together to talk safety
- 15 August 2018 Community partnerships demonstrating enduring outcomes around WA
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
The Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety was created on 1 July 2017 with the amalgamation of the Departments of Mines and Petroleum and Commerce. These structural changes are part of the WA Government’s State-wide public sector reforms. The new department will regulate the mining, building and construction industry with an elevated focus on worker safety. It will also assume consumer protection responsibilities.