Welcome to the Department of Mines and Petroleum
- 31 May 2016 New Designated Tenement Contact scheme introduced
- 27 May 2016 Prospecting popularity prompts safety message to carry personal locator beacons
- 27 May 2016 Community workshop will seek views on Pro-Force site rehabilitation
- 25 May 2016 Chemical supply company fined $5000
- 23 May 2016 Positive feedback on DMP’s new website
- 19 May 2016 DMP maintains approvals pace after December record
- 17 May 2016 WA resources sector benefits from State Government budget funding
- 17 May 2016 Mesa West Pty Ltd fined $20,000 for Christmas Creek fatality
- 12 May 2016 Fieldnotes out now
- 12 May 2016 Cyanide found in 'environmentally friendly' leaching agents
- 12 May 2016 DMP named as finalist for prestigious award
- 10 May 2016 Gun owners guide to safe ammunition handling
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
DMP ensures the safe and sustainable development of WA's resources.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMP as a regulator. Consultation ensures concerns are listened to, understood and where possible or necessary, addressed to ensure responsible and sustainable development of the State’s resources.