Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 04 August 2020 $8.2 million in COVID-19 recovery funding for resources exploration
- 31 July 2020 Accelerated Geoscience Program
- 24 July 2020 Feedback sought on proposed Mining Rehabilitation Fund rates for potash and salt minerals in brine operations
- 24 July 2020 Latest petroleum acreage releases now available for bidding
- 20 July 2020 DMIRS launches Innovate Reconciliation Action Plan 2020-2022
- 15 July 2020 Resources sector projects apply for excellence
- 15 July 2020 Stay out, stay safe and report abandoned mine features
- 03 July 2020 McGowan Government continues to support resources sector during COVID-19
- 03 July 2020 $7 million boost to Kalgoorlie drill core library
- 01 July 2020 Spatial datasets available in new GDA2020 datum
- 24 June 2020 Have your say on aggression and violence in the workplace
- 19 June 2020 RER Group eNews now available online
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.