Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 18 September 2023 New report says tanker explosion was preventable
- 17 August 2023 Drilling initiative set to unlock more of WA’s mineral wealth
- 14 August 2023 Mining Rehabilitation Fund to undergo review
- 08 August 2023 No end in sight for EIS exploration success
- 04 August 2023 Petroleum Legislation Amendment Bill (No.2 2022) consultation feedback
- 01 August 2023 New anti-harassment programs to protect resource sector workers
- 27 July 2023 New Indigenous trainees set to rehabilitate Ellendale mining lease
- 18 July 2023 Approval of first new green hydrogen facilities
- 18 July 2023 Marking out land pre-condition for mining tenement applications
- 07 July 2023 Consultation open for guidance on subsisting petroleum and geothermal titles
- 06 July 2023 Summit to help drive cultural change across mining sector
- 03 July 2023 Group eNews now available online
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.