Enter the 2018 Safety and Health Resources Sector Award
The Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards recognise individuals, teams and companies that have developed a new initiative or an original solution to specific safety and health problems in the workplace.
The Awards aim to promote the application of safety and health innovation across the Western Australian resources sector as innovation sharing is essential to ensuring continuous improvement in safety and health.
For the purpose of these awards, “innovation” is broadly defined as either a new initiative or an original solution to a specific safety and health problem.
Innovations eligible for entry include, but are not restricted, to:
- Leadership in the workplace by an elected Safety and Health Representative by introducing and driving a new approach or program to improve the safety, health and wellbeing of the workforce (e.g. training program, safety culture initiative, fitness for work program, mental health and wellness program and accident investigation method)
- Implementation of a new process or procedure in response to specific safety and health problems (e.g. design of safer, more efficient access to plant for maintenance purposes, noise solutions and ergonomic enhancements)
- Design and/or introduction of innovation or new equipment in response to specific safety and health challenges.
Entries for the Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards are welcomed in the following three categories:
- Safety Representatives - Safety and health innovations and leadership by an elected Safety and Health Representative.
- Systems and People - Innovative implementation and/or design of systems or procedures to improve safety, health and wellbeing.
- Engineering - Innovation in maintenance, engineering and/or infrastructure to enhance safety and health.
A winner will be awarded in each of the three categories as determined by the awards judging panel.
View the previous winners of the Safety and Health Awards and Certificate of Merit.
Please make sure you carefully read the criteria for the award before you prepare your submission.