Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 23 January 2023 Statistics reveal momentous year for WA’s resources sector
- 20 January 2023 Petroleum Legislation Amendment Bill 2022 open for consultation
- 20 January 2023 Draft Bill helps build foundations to decarbonisation
- 12 January 2023 Seeking feedback on Eligible Mining Activity Framework
- 20 December 2022 Consultation open for exploration and prospecting guidance
- 14 December 2022 Mining Rehabilitation Fund yearly report now available
- 09 December 2022 New framework supports streamlined approvals for mining activities
- 08 December 2022 That’s a wrap on GSWA Open Day 2022
- 06 December 2022 Petroleum Bill amendments strengthen regulation and security for green energy
- 01 December 2022 Mineral title applications and transactions during Christmas and New Year
- 28 November 2022 Funding to boost health and safety in WA’s mining industry
- 28 November 2022 Workforce safety study delivers preliminary findings
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.