Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 28 September 2022 Dampier Salt fined after worker suffers crush injury
- 21 September 2022 McGowan Government responds to sexual harassment inquiry
- 21 September 2022 Mining Amendment Bill 2021 passes Upper House
- 19 September 2022 Have your say - Draft Decommissioning Discussion Paper
- 26 August 2022 Exploration licence decision to be examined to provide certainty
- 11 August 2022 WA scientists reveal continents formed by giant impacts
- 09 August 2022 New Mining Rehabilitation Advisory Panel announced
- 01 August 2022 EIS program continues to support mineral exploration in WA
- 19 July 2022 Workplace grant program boosts mental health
- 12 July 2022 New petroleum environmental planning guidance
- 11 July 2022 RER Group eNews now available online
- 11 July 2022 Binduli North gold project in Kalgoorlie officially opens
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.