Affidavit of compliance
An applicant or agent for an application for a mining tenement must lodge an Affidavit of Compliance under oath to swear that the applicant/agent has complied with certain requirements of the Mining Act 1978.
In the affidavit of compliance it must be sworn that:
- details of all notices have been served
- the application complies with the relevant marking out provisions of the Mining Act 1978 and Regulations (if applicable)
- if private land has been marked out the permit to enter number issued is inserted.
The affidavit is lodged after all notices has been served. There are different affidavits of compliance for each tenement application type.
Documents required to be lodged before a retention licence may be granted
A statement detailing a proposed program of work and expenditure under Section 70C(1)(e) is required.
A statutory declaration made by the applicant which needs to be lodged within 14 days of the application, stating:
- there is an identified mineral resource
- mining of that resource is for the time being impracticable for various reasons identified in Section 70C(2.) – Section70C(2A) & (2), Reg 23C.
Tell me more about ‘Objections, Wardens Court and determination of mining tenement application’ for a retention licence
Tell me more about ‘Native Title processing’