Tickets are now available for the 2021 Resources Sector Awards for Excellence Ceremony on 30 September at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre.
|Date:||Friday, 10 September 2021|
Tickets for the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety’s 2021 Resources Sector Awards for Excellence are available. Get yours now before they sell out.
Renewable energy, rehabilitation, recycling, education and training are the focus of five projects shortlisted for the awards.
The shortlisted projects span across Western Australia and demonstrate the resources sector’s commitment to striving for excellence in environmental outcomes and community partnerships.
The awards recognise innovation, outstanding performance and leadership in environmental and sustainable initiatives that benefit WA communities and ensure responsible development of the State’s resources.
Celebrating its 30th year, the prestigious Golden Gecko Award for Environmental Excellence has recognised more than 60 projects for demonstrating innovation, outstanding performance and positive environmental outcomes for WA.
The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Thursday, 30 September at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. Tickets for the Awards Ceremony are $60 and can be purchased online.
For more information, visit: http://www.dmirs.wa.gov.au/excellenceawards
Golden Gecko Award - shortlisted applicants
- Flora Restorer - Revegetating a Diverse Ecosystem, Iluka Resources Limited
- Agnew Hybrid Renewable Project, Gold Fields Australia and EDL
- Lake Kepwari: from open-cut coal mine to water sports landmark, Premier Coal
Community Partnership Resources Sector Award - shortlisted applicants
- Men in Sheds and Mitsui E&P Australia Deconstruction
- Dandjoo Darbalung Program - St Catherine's College and IGO, AngloGold Ashanti, Sandfire Resources and Barminco