Ticket sales close Friday 2 October for the 2014 Golden Gecko Awards
|Date:||Thursday, 02 October 2014|
Only one week to go until the announcement of the Golden Gecko Awards recipients for 2014.
The prestigious 2014 Golden Gecko Awards presentation night, recognising environmental excellence in the resources sector, is now only a week away.
Friday 2 October is the last chance to purchase tickets for the prestigious event.
This is the first year that the Golden Gecko Awards presentation night has been opened to everyone in the resources industry and it is hoped that the new format will enable a broader cross-section of industry to learn from, and be inspired by, the finalists’ innovative environmental practices
Six companies are in the running for Western Australia’s prestigious Golden Gecko Awards for 2014, being held this year at Perth’s Duxton Hotel on Thursday 9 October.
Tickets to the presentation night and cocktail event can be purchased from www.starsevents.com.au/GoldenGeckoAwards.
The 2014 finalists are:
- Newcrest Mining Limited – Telfer Gold Mine: Copper Concentrate Storage Facility
- Geo Oceans Pty Ltd – Perth: GO Visions Marine Habitat Mapping and Monitoring Technology
- Argyle Diamonds Limited – Argyle Diamond Mine: Maximising the use of renewable energy at Argyle Diamonds
- Environmental Rehabilitation WA (ERWA) – Mt Ida: Mt Ida Magnetite Rehabilitation Project – Beyond Best Practice Exploration Rehabilitation
- Franmarine Underwater Services and Department of Fisheries – Henderson: In-Water Hull Cleaning System
- Evolution Mining Edna May Operations – Project: Eremophila Resinosa Translocation Program
For more information about the Golden Geckos go to www.dmp.wa.gov.au/goldengecko