Presentations from the finalists at the Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards are now available
|Date:||Wednesday, 06 December 2017|
Presentations from the Systems and People finalists at the Safety and Health Resources Sector Awards are now available online.
An important part of the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety Awards for Excellence program is to encourage others in the resources sector to continually improve and be at the forefront of social, safety and environmental outcomes.
Executive Director for Resources Safety Simon Ridge said the presentations were an important part of sharing safety innovations in the sector.
“The safety and health of workers in the resources industry should always be our highest priority and it often starts with cultural change,” Mr Ridge said.
“These awards showcased some remarkable innovations in this critical area and it is important these innovations are shared across the sector.
The five finalists who presented their projects were:
- Innovative technology to manage onsite inductions, Aglime of Australia
- Onsite – Suicide Ideation Management, Fortescue Metals Group
- Iluka Resources Winston Partnership, Iluka Resources (South West Operations)
- Unmanned Aerial System for Abandoned Pit Lake Sampling at Tallering Peak, Mount Gibson Mining
- Critical Risk Management – Fatality Elimination Program, Rio Tinto
To register your interest for the 2018 DMIRS Awards for Excellence, please email your details to email@example.com.