Lodge your application online via the departmental submissions portal.
Please refer to the information below:
The completed application form must be accompanied by:
- evidence of attaining minimum age of 25 years (either a photocopy of a passport or driver’s licence)
- certified copy of appropriate degree with the academic transcript for one of
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mining from any Australian university
- other qualifications that the Board considers to be equivalent to the BEng Mining
- copy of a character reference
- copy of current first aid certificate
- evidence of five years’ experience on a mine site, which must include
- three years’ experience at an underground mine
- six months’ experience directly involved in ground support, haulage and transport and in general mine servicing
- three months’ face experience in operating a rockdrill on development and stoping face (a minimum of 65 shifts must be completed)
- three months’ personal experience in using explosives in charging and firing both development and stoping rounds (a minimum of 65 shifts must be completed).
Evidence of experience
Letters confirming experience
- Provided on company letterhead and signed off by a responsible officer of the company in which experience has been gained.
- Include precise details of the types of duties and dates associated with each.
- Drilling and blasting time must include number of shifts if experience is less than five months.
- May be acceptable only if the original document from a mine confirming experience cannot be obtained.
Inquiries, if conducted, to establish the accuracy of experience given in the form of a statutory declaration may delay finalisation of a decision on the application.
For information on who can witness an application and any other statutory declarations and certify copies of documents, refer to the Department of the Attorney General.
Venue and date
Applicants must nominate an examination venue.
Past exam papers
Information can be found on past exam papers below.
A copy of the relevant legislation can be ordered, downloaded or viewed online at the State Law Publisher.
Refer to Schedule of fees and charges to determine the fee.
Please see Schedule of fees and charges.
Lodging the application
The completed and signed application form must be accompanied by:
- all support documents
- the fee, payable at lodgement
- this can be paid by credit card
- application to be lodged online
If you have an interstate or New Zealand qualification, you may qualify for mutual recognition.
Refer to Applying for mutual recognition for more information.
Contact the Executive Officer to the Board of Examiners
Phone: (08) 9358 8014