Lodge your application for restricted quarry manager (explosives) online via the departmental submissions portal.
Lodge your application for restricted quarry manager (non-explosives) online via the departmental submissions portal.
Please refer to the information below:
The completed application form must be accompanied by:
- evidence of attaining minimum age of 21 years (either a photocopy of a passport or driver’s licence)
- copy of a character reference
- copy of current first aid certificate
- evidence of two years experience on a mine site, which must include
- one year of first-hand practical experience in quarry pit operations
- minimum of three months’ practical experience in the use of explosives and blasting agents in a pit (for the explosives certification only).
Evidence of experience
Letters confirming experience
- Provided on company letterhead and signed off by a responsible officer of the company in which experience has been gained.
- Include precise details of the types of duties performed while in or about a quarry, and the dates associated with each.
- May be acceptable only if the original document from a mine confirming experience cannot be obtained.
Inquiries, if conducted, to establish the accuracy of experience given in the form of a Statutory Declaration may delay finalisation of a decision on the application.
For information on who can witness an application and any other statutory declarations, refer to the Department of the Attorney General.
Venue and date
Applicants must nominate an examination venue.
Past exam papers
Information can be found on past exam papers below.
A copy of the relevant legislation can be ordered, downloaded or viewed online at the State Law Publisher.
Re-sitting the exam
Those wishing to re-sit the exam who have previously submitted the relevant documentation are not required to resubmit the documentation. A new application form must be lodged along with the application fee to re-apply.
Refer to Schedule of fees and charges to determine the fee.
Please see Schedule of fees and charges.
Lodging the application
The completed and signed application form must be accompanied by:
- all support documents
- the fee, payable at lodgement
- this can be paid by credit card
- application to be lodged online
If you have an interstate or New Zealand qualification, you may qualify for mutual recognition.
Refer to Applying for mutual recognition for more information.
Contact the Executive Officer to the Board of Examiners
Phone: (08) 9358 8014