GeoVIEW.WA is an interactive (GIS-based) mapping system. You can construct your own geological map and incorporate other mineral and petroleum exploration datasets including mines and mineral deposits, petroleum wells, active leases, and much more.
Please refer to the ‘Whats New?’ button in GeoVIEW.WA to find a summary of the latest changes.
Interactive geological map (GeoVIEW.WA)
GeoVIEW.WA is an online GIS-based mapping tool that allows users to view, query, and map various geology, resources and related datasets. These integrated statewide data are regularly updated. Users can construct and print a customized geological map (by chosen area and scale) and incorporate other mineral and petroleum exploration datasets including mines and mineral deposits, petroleum wells, and active leases.
Once GeoVIEW.WA is open, click the ‘What's New?’ button to find out what the latest releases of data/layers and additions to GeoVIEW.WA are.
NOTE: GeoVIEW.WA will run in web browsers that support the Microsoft Silverlight plugin, these include Internet Explorer 8+, Firefox 3.5+ and Safari 3+, if Silverlight is not already installed it may take a few minutes to download and install this plugin.
GeoVIEW.WA will NOT run in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome v45+, these web browsers do NOT support the Silverlight plugin.
A new release of GeoVIEW.WA is coming soon. This release will no longer be dependent on the Microsoft Silverlight plugin. GeoVIEW.WA will run in all web browsers and on mobile devices. The change affects some search tools.
Advanced search functionality
The ‘Search Tools’ tab in GeoVIEW.WA allows advanced searches for a variety of datasets, as listed below.
- GSWA Catalogue – Search the catalogue of all GSWA products associated with a geographic region in Western Australia, and view these products online
- WAMEX Search – Perform both spatial and textual searches of open file (public) mineral exploration reports submitted for Western Australia
- Drillholes Search – Search the mineral exploration drillhole dataset compiled from the open file (public) mineral exploration reports for Western Australia
- Geochemistry – Search both GSWA geochemistry and company submitted geochemistry sites
- GSWA Geochronology – Perform searches of geochronology sites that fall within a map sheet region
- Extract data – Extract selected layers from a region of the map to ESRI shapefile or file geodatabase format
For technical support and further information contact: