Documents required to be lodged before a mining lease may be granted
A Form 32 security in the sum of $5000 must be lodged in repect to all applications within 28 days of the application being made - Sec 126 and Reg 112.
Pursuant to section 74(1)(ca) mining lease applications must be accompanied by one of the following three types of documentation:
- a Mining Proposal under Section 74(1)(ca)(i) within 14 days — see guidelines for submitting a ‘Mining Proposal’
- a statement about likely mining operations (‘Supporting Statement’), and a Mineralisation Report under Section 74(1)(ca)(ii) — see guidelines for Mineralisation Report and Supporting Statement for a Mining Lease Application.
- a statement about likely mining operations (‘Supporting Statement’), and a Resource Report under Section 74(1)(ca)(iii) — see guidelines for submitting a Resource Report.
Note: A statement of mining operations shall set out information regarding the mining operation likely to be carried out including:
- when mining is likely to commence
- the most likely method of mining
- the location, and the area of the land that is likely to be required for the operation of the plant, machinery and equipment and for the other activities associated with those mining operations.
For more information on these three types of documents click here.
Affidavit of compliance
An applicant or agent for an application for a mining tenement must lodge an Affidavit of Compliance under oath to swear that the applicant/agent has complied with certain requirements of the Mining Act 1978.
In the affidavit of compliance it must be sworn that:
- details of all notices have been served
- the application complies with the relevant marking out provisions of the Mining Act 1978 and Regulations (if applicable)
- if private land has been marked out the permit to enter number issued is inserted
The affidavit is lodged after all notices has been served. There are different affidavits of compliance for each tenement application type.
Tell me more about 'Objections, Wardens Court and determination of mining tenement application' for a mining lease.
Tell me more about 'Native Title processing'