Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 21 July 2021 Mining Company fined $102,000 and ordered to pay costs of $6,000
- 13 July 2021 Petroleum environmental planning guidance open for comment
- 12 July 2021 Annual environmental reporting system changes
- 06 July 2021 Annual rental due notices for mining tenement holders
- 29 June 2021 DMIRS: COVID-19 lockdown
- 24 June 2021 Royalties transfer to RevenueWA
- 23 June 2021 MRF reporting reminder for tenement holders
- 23 June 2021 Mining Act fees and charges 2021-2022
- 22 June 2021 Industry feedback due this week
- 15 June 2021 DMIRS responds to initial Mining Amendment feedback
- 11 June 2021 Temporary COVID-19 regulations to end as planned
- 10 June 2021 DMIRS introduces new MRF categories
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.