Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 10 September 2021 Get your tickets to the 2021 Resources Sector Awards for Excellence
- 07 September 2021 Resources development strategy to strengthen future prosperity
- 03 September 2021 The Streamlining Bill consultation feedback available online
- 02 September 2021 Newcrest Mining fined after dingoes mauled employee
- 27 August 2021 New Work Health and Safety Act information published online
- 25 August 2021 Western Australia Exploration Geochemistry Online
- 16 August 2021 Sustainable projects shortlisted for DMIRS Awards for Excellence
- 05 August 2021 McGowan Government increases support for mining exploration
- 02 August 2021 Grants open
- 02 August 2021 Applications open for Round 24 of EIS co-funded resource grants
- 21 July 2021 Mining Company fined $102,000 and ordered to pay costs of $6,000
- 13 July 2021 Petroleum environmental planning guidance open for comment
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.