Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 15 June 2021 DMIRS responds to initial Mining Amendment feedback
- 11 June 2021 Temporary COVID-19 regulations to end as planned
- 10 June 2021 DMIRS introduces new MRF categories
- 25 May 2021 DMIRS adds extra information sessions
- 25 May 2021 Excess tonnage procedure available online
- 17 May 2021 Two companies to apply for sand mining leases
- 13 May 2021 DMIRS leadership changes
- 03 May 2021 Mining Act 1978 amendments set to modernise the mining sector regulatory framework
- 28 April 2021 World Day for Safety and Health at Work 28 April 2021
- 27 April 2021 Last chance for 2021 Resources Sector Awards for Excellence
- 23 April 2021 Gazette notice: Ellendale Diamond Royalties
- 21 April 2021 Co-funded drilling and energy analysis grants attract strong interest
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.