Comments are invited on new proposed amendments to the Mineral Exploration reporting guidelines
|Date:||Friday, 24 August 2018|
Four amendments were originally proposed to be included in an update of the guidelines in 2018:
- Report compliance – two paragraphs have been combined into one (page 7).
- Online submission of reports will become compulsory (page 9).
- Mineralogical samples – detailing the format of the unique sample numbers (page 20).
- Addition of the program of works approval number and site rehabilitation columns to the surface location template (page 35).
The following are additional proposed amendments to align the wording more closely with Section 115A(1) of the Mining Act 1978:
- Purpose of the Guidelines – wording changed to more accurately reflect the meaning of an exploration report as defined in the Mining Act 1978 (page 1).
- Structure of reports – wording changed to more accurately reflect the meaning of an exploration report as defined in the Mining Act 1978 (page 11).
- Airborne geophysics – repository – wording changed to more accurately reflect the wording in Mining Act 1978 (page 28).
Your comments on the proposed amendments are welcomed and should be emailed by 30 September 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org