Tickets on sale now for prestigious awards event
|Date:||Thursday, 25 September 2014|
For the first time in its 23 year history, the prestigious Golden Gecko Awards presentation night has been opened to everyone in the resources industry.
Department of Mines and Petroleum Executive Director Environment, Dr Phil Gorey, said the new format will enable a broader cross-section of industry to learn from, and be inspired by, the finalists’ innovative environmental practices.
“As well as inviting industry representatives to attend, this year we have added a seminar event to the Awards night where the finalists will present on their projects,” Dr Gorey said.
“We hope this will better enable the sharing and recognition of environmental innovation in the industry.”
Six companies are in the running for Western Australia’s prestigious Golden Gecko Awards for 2014.
The awards, launched in 1992, recognise excellence and leadership, and acknowledge the outstanding contribution recipients have made to the responsible development of WA’s resources.
This year’s Golden Gecko Awards event will be held at Perth’s Duxton Hotel on Thursday 9 October.
Tickets to the presentation night and cocktail event are available now from www.starsevents.com.au/GoldenGeckoAwards.
The 2014 finalists are:
- Newcrest Mining Limited – Telfer Gold Mine: Copper Concentrate Storage Facility
- Geo Oceans Pty Ltd – Perth: GO Visions Marine Habitat Mapping and Monitoring Technology
- Argyle Diamonds Limited – Argyle Diamond Mine: Maximising the use of renewable energy at Argyle Diamonds
- Environmental Rehabilitation WA (ERWA) – Mt Ida: Mt Ida Magnetite Rehabilitation Project – Beyond Best Practice Exploration Rehabilitation
- Franmarine Underwater Services and Department of Fisheries – Henderson: In-Water Hull Cleaning System
- Evolution Mining Edna May Operations – Project: Eremophila Resinosa Translocation Program
For more information about the Golden Geckos go to www.dmp.wa.gov.au/goldengecko