TENGRAPH Web is a web-based mapping system displaying the position of Western Australian mining tenements and petroleum titles in relation to other land information. It gives a current and accurate picture of land under mining activity and is used to determine ground that is available for mineral exploration
TENGRAPH Web is the replacement for TENGRAPH Online, with access to additional information and datasets. TENGRAPH Online will remain in operation to enable the gradual take-up of the new system.
NOTE: TENGRAPH Web requires the installation of Microsoft Silverlight plugin, and must be run on Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, 10 or 11. Please refer to the FAQ
TENGRAPH Web features
- all existing TENGRAPH Online features (i.e. Links to Google Earth, Mineral Titles Online, WAMEX, MINEDEX and Petroleum Geothermal Register, plotting tools and custom colouring objects )
- Short cut menus containing TENGRAPH’s most often used tools.
- Continuous panning across WA
- Additional Quick Appraisal options.
- Easier to read Quick Appraisal report containing more information and Petroleum Title Holder details.
- Interactive Quick Appraisal using the Google Maps service.
- Creates interactive pie charts.
- Easier to use polygon construction and measurement tools.
- Easier to turn layers on/Off
- Prints high quality maps.
- Geology and Topography Map Mosaic overlays
- Ability to save constructed polygons as a project and bookmark your favourite places.
- Transparency slider bars to change the visibility on the map.
- Save results from searches and selections to a CSV file or Shapefile for use in other GIS systems.
- Add Shape files by dragging the file directly onto the map display
- Displays Landgate aerial photography.
- Provides easy access to scanned historical tenement maps.
- Has an overview map for help in locating yourself in WA
- Is web based
- Easier to navigate. It uses the same Pan and Zoom mouse commands as Google Maps and GeoVIEW.WA
Information to help you use TENGRAPH Web
Please refer to the TENGRAPH web help site if you need assistance.
TENGRAPH Web Demonstration Videos
These training / demonstration videos provide an overview of the features and how to use TENGRAPH Web.
Follow the links provided below:
- General overview of the TENGRAPH Web Silverlight version (Video link) (Transcript)
- The TENGRAPH tools you are most likely to use (like searching for a mining tenement) are found in the "I want to…” menu. (Video link) (Transcript)
- This video demonstrates how to turn on/off TENGRAPH map layers, legend and tenement themes. (Video link) (Transcript)
- How to plot points and polygons using map coordinates or snapping to existing tenement corners. (Video link) (Transcript)
- This video demonstrates the Google Earth link, Print Object details, Tenement History and other tools available from the Results drop-down menu. (Video link) (Transcript)
For general help in using the TENGRAPH systems and interpreting mining tenement information contact the Mining Information Centre or your regional mining registrar’s office.
Mining Information Centre
Phone: +61 (08) 9222 3626
For TENGRAPH access and technical issues please contact the Department’s IT Service Desk
IT Service Desk
Phone: +61 8 9222 0777