Welcome to the Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety
- 03 December 2020 FQM Australia Nickel fined $35,000 after tank rupture endangers worker
- 03 December 2020 Royalty rebate scheme for lithium miners
- 25 November 2020 Company fined after telehandler and load fall
- 17 November 2020 New guidance published to assist petroleum title holders
- 11 November 2020 New MRF categories and rates for WA minerals in brine operations
- 10 November 2020 Explorers show strong interest in EIS co-funded drilling
- 06 November 2020 Strong third quarter for approvals performance
- 29 October 2020 Position paper outlines proposed penalties increase
- 27 October 2020 Workplace exposure standards for silica and coal dust halved
- 15 October 2020 Response to feedback about stakeholder engagement for hydraulic fracturing
- 09 October 2020 Paper released on human health risk assessment process for hydraulic fracturing proposals
- 25 September 2020 Record jobs and sales in WA’s resources sector
Keep up to date with the latest news from the department as well as relevant stories from the resources sector and the Minister for Mines and Petroleum.
Striving to make Western Australia the first choice for responsible development.
Consultation is essential to build confidence and trust in DMIRS as a regulator.
While the situation with the COVID-19 pandemic is changing rapidly, we remain focussed on delivering our services while adhering to advice from Government to protect the health and safety of our staff and the wider community.
The department will keep stakeholders updated as the situation evolves through our website, announcements, newsletters and social media.